Before I go into today’s rant let me state the following…
First and foremost: I love bodybuilding, I truly do think it is the greatest thing ever invented. This is why I need to save it from the invasion of the fitness zombies aka people who are into the sport for the wrong reasons.
I think the main reason anyone should get into fitness is to better themselves first and too inspire others. Sounds corny, I know but I still believe it.
If you are in it for money, fame or attention you will not only fail, but you will also be miserable and shine a bad light on something that is truly beautiful. Should you already have a built physique or maybe even a business built around fitness then great! Now go out there and inspire others. Help those who are willing to listen.
Do not do any of the following things:
- Assume that anyone who is out of shape is lazy or stupid.
- Ever be condescending or arrogant toward people who truly seek knowledge (I know, I know; still working on this one myself).
- Make your website a shrine to yourself. Please, put some information on there that may actually help others.
- Complain publicly how difficult your diet or workouts are. Remember you made the decision and signed-up for it. To put things in perspective: It is tough to live in Syria; you are only stuck eating dry chicken breast.
- Using the terms “Doordie”, “Hardcore” or “Beastmode” ever; for anything!!!
Yes bodybuilding is a fantastic sport but we have to recognize it for what it is; a hobby that improves the quality of life greatly. No more, no less. It should not define your entire existence. So do not take yourself too seriously!
After all, you only got yourself in shape but you did not cure cancer or fix the Knicks’ defense.
German Body Engineering