There is no denying it, we are living in a challenging time and things do appear dark.
From the view point of this great city of ours, you are witnessing a complete failure of federal leadership, gross incompetence on many levels, excessive greed by banks and large cooperations sucking up small business loans ( the irony!) , failure to pay out unemployment to deserving people… the list goes on.
Oh yeah, there is also a deadly disease out there. Details, details..
But then there is the other side which I shall loosely call the private sector.
From our end as a small company that struggles mightily at the moment, we have been overwhelmed by the support we received.
I shall list some examples in no particular order
- People from all over the world checking in on us with heartfelt messages
- Donations coming in from Australia to Alaska to ” keep the videos going, you guys stuff is awesome” Some even with a note ” I know its not much but I was laid off myself.” What do you say to that?
- Existing clients switching to virtual sessions ( you still get the dry germanic humor!)
- We got the opportunity to design workouts and diets for those stuck at home
- Books and workouts being purchased.
- A gentleman reaching out along the lines ” I can help you with your app.” Being a jaded New Yorker, I immediately checked if my credit card was compromised.. but then the unthinkable happened: he came through! We will have an app soon!
So yes, the overall picture is not pretty but look for the rays of sunshine. They are there!